Friday, June 13, 2014

CA5 Writing - Error Correction 3

Hello, everyone!

Here you will find some very good expressions you used when talking about films in the class forum. I recommend you all have a look because there are some true gems in here!

GOOD


1.    I've never seen this film, because I don't like drama films. But I think it will be a good movie if it is inspired by true events.

2.    I think it is a beautiful film with a beautiful love story.

3.    I just saw the trailer and I'm intrigued.

4.    The plot is about an ex-convict, called Jean Valjean, who has a difficult life, but he received the help of Myriel who asked him for a change in his life.

5.    Since Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto won the Academy award, the film caught my attention. I have seen the trailer and it’s fascinating.

6.    I want to see this movie because it’s very difficult to tell a story about AIDS without falling into cliché. 

7.    I have already seen this movie. I think it’s very entertaining and the cinematography is stunning.

8.    You do not know whether to laugh, cry...

9.    The director is Stanley Kubrick, and this is one of the reasons why I want to see it.

10. Thelma & Louise was filmed in 1991 so maybe you saw the movie once, but if you haven't seen yet you should read this review and push the play on your DVD player, because the combination of the plot and the cast puts this movie in an extraordinary place inside the world of the road movies.


11. As a journalist and voracious reader I have to see this movie soon! I'm a declared fan of Truman Capote and his book In Cold Blood  is one of my favourite non-fiction novels.



CORRECTIONS

As usual, there are also some incorrect sentences in the written activity. I've chosen the lucky number 13 for your final error correction exercise! Even though there are more sentences this time, you'll see that by now the corrections you have to make are very easy! I hope to see more people participate in this final exercise!


1.    It is an amazing story. I really liked the movie because you can see how difficult was to convince the author.
à Here there’s a very small mistake: just a missing word. What word is missing?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

2.    This movie is supposed to be interesting, exciting and with mani adventures.
à There’s a spelling mistake here.
CORRECTION:
REASON:

3.    I am agree with the following review.
à Oh, no! The worst mistake you can make!
CORRECTION:
REASON:

4.    I enjoyed with this film. Although, at the moment the film remembered to another film The Sixth Senses.
à Two big errors: wrong structure and wrong word.
CORRECTION:
REASON:
  
5.    I think that this movie is very real, because nowadays some people have a close relative with this ill.
à The word “ill” is an adjective. Do you need an adjective here?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

6.    I have also chosen this film for your actors, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.
à Always be careful with what pronouns you use! You need to be consistent.
CORRECTION:
REASON:

7.    It is a haunting movie; you don’t understand some things until the end where you can see the different way to narrate a ghost story, by the point of view of the ghosts, who are experiencing strange thing into their house.
à Very good sentence! It’s almost perfect!
CORRECTION:
REASON:

8.    Is one of the better science fiction films that I have ever seen, although I’m not lover of science fiction films, but I would recommend it to someone.
à Remember comparative and superlative adjectives?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

9.    Two days ago I see the trailer, and the dark ambience and the special effects are spectacular!
à Past, present or future?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

10. Philippe is a quadriplegic millionaire and when he hires Driss as a nurse, his live will change.  
à What’s wrong here?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

11. In the movie appear different historical moments, as the Vietnam War, the killed of the president Kennedy, the hippy movement, etc. 
à Two incorrect word choices. Why?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

12. I think that I'm sure that I will watch it but, you think that will like me?
à Almost!
CORRECTION:
REASON:

13. I don't like this movie, because there are too much blood in this movie.
à Is the word “blood” countable or uncountable?
CORRECTION:
REASON:

No comments:

Post a Comment